Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I create a Mount Auto Equip website online account?
A: Select 'Create an Account' at the top left corner of the website home page and provide your personal details and address when prompted. Enter a password you will remember to allow for fast and easy login access during future sessions.
2. I live outside of Australia, but would like to purchase an item available on the site?
A: Please 'Contact Us' for further information.
1. I own a G scan, how do I update it?
A: Click on the 'Updates' tab at the top of the home page, and next select 'Procedures'. Select the PDF file named 'G Scan Oceania Update Procedure' to view the instructions to follow to update your G scan using the PC Utility software.
2. When I open the PC Utility Software Program on my computer, the program will not open, and displays a message 'Side by Side configuration Error'
A: Please see the download link below. Download and run the C++ file at the link, then retry opening G Scan pc utility program on your pc.
3. How do I tell if my G scan is within its software update subscription?
A: You will find your subscription expiry date on your G scan in the configuration menu under the 'Version' tab. Next to the Serial Number you will find the expiry date of your G scan software subscription in the following form. (e.g 2015.01.25). The expiry date can also be found in the PC Utility software program at the top of screen once the serial number of your G scan is registered within the program.
4. My G Scan displays an error message on screen 'Vin Search-Storage Card, G-SCANAM, Bin, MakeOrder.gtf was not found' What should I do?
A: Remove the G Scan SD Card and check the position of the Lock Tab of the sd card. The Lock Tab should always be in the 'Unlock' position during G scan operation. If the Lock tab is loose, broken or in the Lock position, this error message may appear.
5. When attempting to update using the PC Utility software, an error message appears [Windows cannot find'C:\PCUTIL\BIN\PCUtilUpdater.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.] The program will not go beyond this point. What should I do?
Then try to reopen the PC Utility program and reattempt to download the software using the Online Update.
1. I need to update my Autoland Scan tool. Can you please tell me how I can do this?
A: There are a number of ways you can update Autoland Scan tools, however, the easiest way is to purchase the new special power adapter ( if you don't already have one). Connect the power adapter to the Diagnostic Port (Main cable port) on the Scan Tool and connect a network cable from a modem or router to the RJ45 port on the scan tool.
Next: 1. Select 'Setup' on the scan tool; 2. Select 'Software Update over the Internet'; 3. Select 'Perform software update'; 4. Read instructions and press Enter. The scanner will automatically detect the appropiate network settings and connect to the server, checking the update file list to detect how many new update files are available; 5. To begin updating press Enter.
Please note: To use the new update system, the scan tool must have the system file version 3.01 or later already installed.
2. How can I take a screen shot with my Autoland Scan Tool?
A: When the screen is displayed that you wish to save, press '0' followed by the 'Enter' key. After exiting from the vehicle program you will be asked if you wish to rename the file, if not, you can now exit and the screen will be saved ready for printing using the Autoland Utilitiy program which can be downloaded from http://www.autolandscientech.com
3. Where can I get information on performing some of the high level functions avaialble on my Autoland Scan Tool?
A: There are a number of Autoland help files available on this website in the 'Support' area . You will be required to login to access these files.
4. I have an old Autoland iScan11. Can I trade it in on the new iScan11WT?
A: Yes,at this point in time, you can trade back your old iScan11 on the latest iScan11WT, and as such, you will have access to a much higher level of software and wider range of vehicles than you currenty enjoy.