CAN Test Box kit
The CAN Test Box uses numbered backlit LEDs which illuminate when signal data is present on the corresponding pin of the DLC. Pulsing LEDs indicate signals being transferred high/low.
- LED 1/9 - 485A/485B (Manufacturer’s proprietary information)
- LED 2/10 - Bus+ Line J1850/Bus- Line J1850
- LED 3/8/12/13 - future upgrade
- LED 4 - Chassis GND (GROUND)
- LED 4 - Signal GND (SIGNAL)
- LED 6/14 - CAN High of SAE J2284/CAN Low of SAE J2284
- LED 7/15 K Line of ISO9141-2 and keyword 2000485A/L Line of ISO9141-2 and keyword 2000
- LED 11 - Clock
- LED 16 Batt+ (Voltage supply)
The CAN Test Box allows you to connect your Pico oscilloscope, or any other compatible scope, enabling you to monitor any signals present, such as the CAN High and Low signals. The CAN Test Box terminal pin ports are accessible with standard 4 mm jacks.
The CAN Test Box includes a 2.4 metre (8.2 feet) cable so that you can work in a convenient location away from the diagnostic connector, and an additional pass–through connector so that you can hook up your scan tool at the same time as your scope. The CAN Test Box is powered by the vehicles DLC.
- The CAN Test Box
- 2 x BNC-4mm insulated leads
- 2 x 4mm-Alligator clamp adaptors
Click Here to view the CAN Test Box Manual
CAN Test Box
Test Control Area Network systems easily using this OBDII breakout box with smart LED signal indicators per pin. Use as scan tool extension lead, oscilloscope accessory plus more.
The CAN Test Box gives you easy access to the 16 pins of the diagnostic connector that is fitted to all modern vehicles. Depending on the configuration of the vehicle, this may allow you to check power, ground and CAN Bus signal quality. With the test leads supplied you can connect your Oscilloscope to the CAN Test Box to monitor any signals present, such as the CAN High and Low signals.
The CAN Test Box connects to the vehicle᾿s OBDII / EOBD connector and lets you easily diagnose electrical faults.
Instantly check power and ground circuits
Identify communication link protocols
Connect an oscilloscope for signal capture and collection of signal waveform data.